Tuesday, February 12, 2013

GeN gets Gertrud Barkhorn AGP figure


GeN's waifu finally arrives today~! This is the Strike Witches figure of Gertrud Barkhorn by Armor Girls Project. I got it from ebay for a fair price. I was cautious when buying this because I might end up buying a cheap knock off version instead. The moment I laid my eyes on it, I instantnly tell that this is legit. So anyway, let's get down into the details off this figure of Trudy.

The contents of the package. 

This figure set contains: The figure itself, comes with three changeable facial expressions, hair+dog ears and tail, the Striker Unit, two neutral propellers, two thighs that works with the Striker Unit, ten extra hands including has to hold the guns to a pair of hands that's made to connect with other Strike Witch Figures, and two MG42s. It also contains a opaque base stand inscribed in katakana, Gertrud Barkhorn. With the base has a poseable stand with four hinges.

A shot of Gertrud fitted with her Strike Unit and familiar ears and tail.

This figure is similar to Figmas when it comes to changing between parts. You have to take off her forelocks to change with the one with dog ears. There was a trick to inserting her tail, it had to be applied upside down and be pressed until it firmly locks in. Her hands are connected to to a ball joint that's fixed with her forearms. Sometimes I feel that if I'm not careful, I may end up breaking the joints. the lower half of her body is removable. It's like that because it lets you change her legs to the pair of thighs that goes with the Striker Units. The Striker units isn't flexible at all so you have to rely on the ball joints at the hip to make limited poses. Her back can only bend around 40 degrees backwards. This is as much as you can bend her if you want to make poses of her flying. If you over flex her back, the lower half of her body detach, this got me frustrated then made me more careful posing it. The pair of MG42s' magazines can be removed. If you want Trudy to swing around the machine gun like a club, you can have either the magazine on or off. The belt that's attached tot he MG42 is actually a brown ribbon so that you can easily place the gun around her shoulder.
 
Trudy under a cloudy day, natural lighting.

Overall. This is a pretty decent purchase. Having a physical representation of my waifu that i can make her do awesome action poses. The expressions could have been better, I would preferred of her smiling instead of a neutral face. This figure is slightly smaller than a regular Figma but I think it is a fine product that you can proudly place on your shelf of anime figures.

Here are some other pics I took with my waifu, Trudy:

Dual weilding MG42s, son! That's hype!


 Gertrud swinging her machine gun. 
You can see her propellers spinning, which is really
a clear, specially opaqued discs to make it look like it's spinning.


 A Strike Witch and Black Rock Shooter showdown!


 Kirino Kousaka with a machine gun. 


 Just like in the anime, Gertrud always found
 telling off a fellow Strike Witch member.
 

 All three figures posing next to each other.


I think Trudy is shy around Kyousuke Kousaka


 I think Trudy is shy around Kamen Rider V3 as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment