Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Heart beating first look, Amagami SS


 


GeN has played some dating sims in the veil of JRPGs and what not in the past. Thousand Arms, Persona 3 and 4, Agarest War series and to some extent, Yakuza 4, they pretty much get you sucked into the various harem girls that can be eventually be your waifu. In fact, that's the whole point. Playing these kind of games can just make you admit that this particular genre get you to choose your preferred type of virtual girl to cling on to. This leads to the multiple playthroughs of these games that you want to see the "if"s and "what it could've been" with the other candidates that you didn't paid attention to.

Woman! Bear my children!

This anime, Amagami SS, an adaption of the original PS2 game gets you to see all of the possible choices played out. It took me by surprise about the structure of the show but I was pretty much invested seeing it through all the stories behind the waifu choices. I've only just finished watching Haruka's story route. It was an interesting journey of the MC trying to confess his love to this insecure upperclassman. I was pretty much rooting for the guy but at the same time, I'm covering my face and looking through my fingers of the spontaneous bursts of his feelings to Haruka. The only main negative point of this story route is that there isnt a great conflict or hurdle for him to actually hooking up with Haruka. It was a four episode long show about the couple doting with each other. It kinda makes the bachelor within you yell out, "why is this guy getting all the luck?!".

 A girl clinging on to him from behind and his 
reaction to it was to be despondent. What a guy.

This show is an amusing after school special of watching the MC trying to get hitched with all of them and I have to say that's interested me enough to watch the rest. There could be a possible candidate to the Harem of Waifus after watching the entire series but we'll see.

What current waifus think about this first impression:





Iori Minase:
Geez. Does everybody think all girls behave like she does? What and unrealistic show!





Kyouko Toshino:
I can smell the passion from here! Two people engage in various 'doki doki' situations. I have to make a doujin right now!




Rise Kujikawa:
Oh my! It reminds me of my days being with my senpai~!




Gertrud Barkhorn:
That ramen scene, it was an interesting look of what is like to be a prisoner. I guess having womanly charms do give you some advantage considering the circumstance.



No comments:

Post a Comment